I consider it a privilege to provide comprehensive care to women of all ages, from first exams through the miracle of childbirth and on to perimenopausal and menopausal care.
Since joining Renaissance Women’s Group in 1996, I have developed a team approach with area physicians to help women with complex issues like infertility (including PCOS) and high risk pregnancies. Since I have experienced infertility treatments personally, I feel I can better understand the emotional and physical challenges many families face to have children. It is a special joy to help them achieve this goal. My training at Parkland Hospital in Dallas trained me well to care for the high risk pregnant patients seen in my practice.
I also specialize in minimally invasive gynecologic surgeries including Laparoscopic Hysterectomy and daVinci robotic laproscopic surgery. I also perform many in-office surgeries including Novasure and HerOption endometrial ablation which can reduce or end menstrual bleeding and treat uterine fibroids without hysterectomy. Essure hysteroscopic tubal ligation offers permanent sterility with no incisions and is also done in my office. I am happy to provide consultation on the many new options available to treat complicated gynecology issues with the safest and most advanced techniques.
– Board Certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
– Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
– Christian Brothers University in Memphis Tennessee, BS Biology, summa cum laude
– Honored as the Outstanding Graduate in Science and Math division
– Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Master’s Degree in Biology; full academic scholarship
– The University of Texas Southwestern Medical School – voted Outstanding Senior Student in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Parkland Memorial Hospital/University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas
Certified referral surgeon – Intuitive daVinci robotics minimally invasive surgery
– St. David’s North Austin Medical Center Board of Trustees – Current
– Chairman of Obstetrics/Gynecology at North Austin Medical Center (2005 – 2006)
– Chosen as one of “America’s Top Obstetricians and Gynecologist” by Consumers’
– Research Council of America, Patient Choice Award/Texas’ Favorite Physician
– Texas Medical Association (TMA)
– Association of Advanced Gynecologic Laproscopy (AAGL)
I grew up in Memphis Tennessee, near Elvis Presley’s home. I share my home with my husband, Jim, who is an engineer, and six bossy but adorable rabbits, BonBon, Kona, Kali, Marti, JR and Meghan, who were all abandoned Easter pets. I am active in animal rescue and volunteer at Town Lake Animal Shelter and with the House Rabbit Resource Network. I enjoy traveling, scuba diving, native Texas gardening and catching up on TiVo programs my husband records for me while I am working. I am an avid reader and spend way too much time surfing the internet.